1. Veterinary Care: Your pet's comfort and safety are our first priorities. We make every effort to ensure your pet's grooming is pleasant and safe. However, if your pet becomes ill or is hurt and the services of a veterinarian are required, you hereby give us permission to obtain treatment if you are not available to do so and you agree to pay such expenses.
2. Senior Pets & Pets with Health Problems: Grooming procedures sometimes can be stressful, especially for a senior pet or pet with health problems, and can expose hidden medical conditions or aggravate existing ones, during or after the grooming. Because senior pets and pets with health problems have a greater chance of injury, these pets will be groomed for cleanliness and comfort, in styles that will not add to their stress. You hereby agree not to hold Romeo & Juliet Mobile Pet Spa, Inc responsible for accident or injury to an elderly or health compromised pet during their grooming.
3. Mat Removal: Removing a heavily matted coat includes risks of nicks, cuts or abrasions due to warts, moles or skin folds trapped in the mats. Heavy matting can also trap moisture near the pet's skin allowing mold, fungus or bacteria to grow, causing skin irritations that exist prior to the grooming process. After-effects of mat removal procedures can include itchiness, skin redness, self-inflicted irritations or abrasions and failure of the hair to regrow.
4. I am aware that if my pet's coat is matted my options are:
a. I (pet owner) will brush the coat out and Romeo & Juliet Mobile Pet Spa, Inc will return at a later date and I will incur a $30
fuel fee as fuel was expended to come to my location.
b. My pet will receive a shave down and start over. Shaved pets are also prone to sunburn and should either have sun screen applied daily or should be kept out of the sun until the hair grows sufficiently to protect the skin. In some cases pets may also exhibit brief behavioral changes. In certain breeds and coat types, the coat may not grow back the same. As the owner, I am responsible for the condition of my pet's coat and I will not hold Romeo & Juliet Mobile Pet Spa, Inc responsible in the event of adverse effects of mat removal and/or shaving.
5. Cancellations: On rare occasions, Romeo & Juliet Mobile Pet Spa, Inc may need to cancel appointments due to weather, road conditions, equipment failure, etc. Every effort will be made to contact you in advance. If you cannot keep your appointment, please call us 48 hours in advance so we may fill your spot. Failure to call in advance will result in a charge of a $40 fee which must be paid prior to your next appointment. Leaving a message on my 24 hour voice mail is acceptable.
6. Payment: All grooming fees must be paid at the time services are rendered by cash or check. Checks returned due to insufficient funds will be subject to a $30 returned check fee, at which time. I understand. I will go to a cash only basis.
7. Safety: Grooming services can be stopped mid-groom if necessary for the safety of my pet or groomer and I understand I will pay for the portion of the groom completed or a $30 service fee whichever is greater.
8. Home and property damage: Romeo & Juliet Mobile Pet Spa, Inc will not be held responsible for damages to my yard, home or property while on the service call for grooming my pet(s). As the owner or caregiver, I authorize (Marco Ferreira) Romeo & Juliet Mobile Pet Spa, Inc to perform scheduled grooming appointments while I am away from home or property. In the case where a key is left or given to my home, Marco Ferreira will not be held responsible for any damages or theft to my property. I will leave a note with my authorization [signature] for grooming should I not be home.
I have read and agree to the policies of Romeo & Juliet Mobile Pet Spa, Inc.
Pet Owner's/Agent's Signature _____________________________ Date _____/_______/_________